In business, you can rarely predict what's coming. That’s why it’s important to align yourself with a provider partner who has the capacity and means to deliver what you never thought you'd need, quickly and without drama.
A Government Agency reached out to SupportMyMac earlier this week: their team could not access their creative files while working from home, which was severely impacting their productivity. The Agency’s IT team was unable to provide the required VPN access, and the Agency needed a solution implemented quickly to remain operational amidst the COVID-19 restrictions and departmental telework policies.
We got their team up and running again within 72 hours of receiving the request, and here’s how we did it:
- We presented a proposal for services to IT security for review and approvals.
- They gave the green light to move forward with deployment.
- We picked up their file server from their premises and colocated in a Tier III Data Centre in Kanata, ON.
- A firewall with VPN services was configured and deployed to the data centre. Our Apple device management platform was used to provision the required security profiles to their devices.
- We completed testing and validations to ensure proper throughput and overall positive end-user experience.
- We provided 1:1 live telephone and remote support to assist users in connecting remotely.
- End-users are now enjoying ~20MB/sec (225Mbps) transfer speeds over secure VPN and are able to continue collaborating on various projects.
We were happy to deploy this solution quickly to get this government creative services team up and running again!
While most employees across Canada are working from home this week, the SupportMyMac team is busy providing essential services from behind the scenes. We have done these emergency setups for clients in the past, we’re doing them this week amidst the social distancing restrictions, and we look forward to helping others in the future.
If you have similar challenges, please feel free to reach out.