Content Marketing Intern (Short-term Contract)
Start date: Immediate
Term: 3 month
A little about us
As a managed service provider for businesses using Apple products, we want to help keep things up to date and running smoothly for our clients. We’re passionate about providing the best technical support, drama-free.
We are a small tight-knit team located in the great city of Ottawa, Ontario. Our environment is focused but we have lots of fun. If your passionate about content creation and marketing, want to learn more about technology, and get in a fast growing company than SupportMyMac is a place you will enjoy.
You are driven by the written word. Excited to learn more about technology and the Apple ecosystem and more. You are eager to learn and take on responsibilities, to develop and drive marketing campaigns through great content creation.
What you’ll be doing
As the Content Marketing intern, you will create content for successful inbound and outbound demand gen campaigns for SupportMyMac. This role is responsible for developing ongoing content for articles, white papers, web pages, tips and the blog. You would be required to work in our office 66% of your work week.
- Writing and content creation
- Craft interesting, well researched, content to drive traffic, engage and convert target customers, and improve shared content across social media channels as well as internal sales sheets.
- Content to include blog posts, website copy, white papers, case studies, content to be used by social channels and other content as needed.
- Lead research to drive the creation of content for SupportMyMac to be a thought leader and information resource.
- Contribute to social media postings and management of social media accounts and content calendar.
- Work with sales and service delivery team to develop content strategies and materials to support the sales cycle.
- Keep up with current industry trends and topics to ensure effective communications.
- Copy, edit and review content for messaging, guidelines, and brand consistency to provide education and guidance to ensure high quality of writing for all SupportMyMac content.
- Coordinate with strategic partners, and other third parties to produce high quality joint content programs.
- Develop a content strategy that drives awareness and traffic for sales leads
- Develop and maintain a content calendar and provide updates on the effectiveness of marketing content.
- Optimize delivery strategy for each piece of content by implementing best practices and testing content formats and distribution channels with different audience segments.
- Ensure that all communications adhere to brand and communications standards and are written in a consistent SupportMyMac voice.
- Provide accurate reporting on content marketing activities.
- Work with Sales team to develop and execute campaigns to drive engagement with content.
- Experience with marketing technology and platforms including Hootsuite, Google Analytics, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
What we are looking for
- Someone to get the job done.
- Attention to detail, you don’t let important details slip through the cracks and if mistakes do happen, you know how to correct them so they don’t happen again and own it.
- A great listener who really knows how to understand our sales team concerns and issues
- Idea giver that has creative ideas to increase awareness, we love brainstorming, and coming up with ideas.
- A consumer of digital, tech and local content
- Photo or video editing skills
- Demonstrative experience in collaborating with content/campaign teams
- Apple laptop
- Beer o’clock on Friday afternoons
- Monthly team celebration outings
- Strong work/life balance and flexibility